If you find that you’re short on time and need to bring cookies to a holiday party or Christmas cookie swap, I have a couple of easy suggestions for decorating Christmas cookies to help save you time. Just follow the following easy, time-saving directions…
What you need:
- Confectioner’s Sugar
- 3-inch chocolate cookies
- parchment paper
- Sugar sifter
What to do:
- To make snowflakes, tree, or star templates: For snowflakes, cut several pieces of parchment paper into 3-inch circles. Fold each in half, then into quarters. With scissors, cut small pieces from folded edges to create snowflake design. For the star or tree, fold the circles in half, then draw half of the shape. Cut out the shape from the middle.
- Unfold circles and place on top of the chocolate cookies. Sift confectioners’ sugar generously over paper patterns. Carefully remove paper.
- Spread the cookies with a thin coating of ready-made icing and decorate with red and green colored sugar or sprinkles.
- Spread peanut butter on one chocolate cookie, then place a second cookie on top of the peanut butter to form a chocolate-peanut butter sandwich cookie. Add a snowflake or star on top.
- Do the same, except use a marshmallow filling and dust with confectioner’s sugar on top.
Remember, it’s always better to bring something than nothing!