|This colorful edible Thanksgiving mobile can hang over the Thanksgiving dinner table or in a doorway. For a fun party favor, personalize each cookie with piping gel and let the guests snip their cookie off the mobile as they leave.|
What you need:
- 1 recipe Butter Cookie dough
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 teaspoons water
- Yellow, red and green food color
- Plastic drinking straw
- Small brush
- Ribbon or yarn
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Roll dough on floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness Using diagrams as guides, cut out 1 large pumpkin cookie, 2 leaf cookies and 3 small pumpkin cookies (patterns below).
- Place large pumpkin cookie on ungreased cookie sheet. Place remaining cookies on another ungreased cookie sheet. Using plastic straw, make hole in top of each pumpkin cookie, about 1/2 inch from top. Make holes in sides of leaf cookies. Make 3 evenly spaced holes along bottom edge of large cookie, about 1/2 inch from edge.
- Place 1 egg yolk in each of 3 separate bowls. Add 1 teaspoon water to each; beat lightly. Color egg wash in 1 bowl orange,* another yellow and the last green. Using a small brush, decorate cookies as shown in photo.
- Bake smaller cookies 10 to 12 minutes until lightly brown around edges. Bake large cookie about 14 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Using ribbon, tie cookies together as shown. For ease in balancing mobile, tie large pumpkin cookie to cabinet handle while tying on other cookies.
Makes 1 mobile and 1 dozen cookies.
*Use about 1 drop red food color to every 3 drops yellow to make orange color.
Note: Extra cookie dough may be used to make additional mobiles.