|Dressing for Thanksgiving dinner takes on a whole new meaning when Tuxedo Turkey arrives at the table! Shhh…Don’t let the other Thanksgiving turkeys know. They’ll all be very jealous!|
What you need:
- 1 turkey (14 to 16 pounds)
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of 15 ounce package)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 red food color
- black past food color (found at cake decorating supply stores)
|Turkey Tuxedo Vest Pattern|
What to do:
- Roast turkey as desired. Remove from oven.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Roll pie crust on floured surface into 12-inch circle. Cut as shown in diagram 1.
- Carefully place large piece of crust on turkey as shown in photo. Trim to fit, if necessary. Moisten and place bow tie, buttons and trim on crust as shown in diagram 2.
- Combine egg yolk and water; divide into 2 small bowls. Color one red and the other black. using small pastry brush, paint bow tie red and buttons, trim and edge of crust black.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
Makes 12 to 14 servings